Friday, August 27, 2010

3 WEEKS INTO THE SCHOOL YEAR

We have been schooling for 3 weeks and everything is going very well.  Actually, I think it's going better than any other year.  What's the difference?  Well, I have made it a point in starting school no later than 8:30 every morning.  I also am teaching English to Michael and Madison together.  We also start our day off in prayer.  It's sad, but I don't think I have done this before.  We would say our blessing in years past and pray at night, but never pray about our day in the morning.  The kids are helping a little more with keeping the house clean too.

It does seem that Melanie still has a lot of free time on her hands while I'm teaching the other two.  Yesterday we went to the Dollar Tree and I found some great little prepackaged crafts.  I am going to see how that works for next week.  I know how to come up with our own crafts, but a craft that's already prepackaged is GREAT!

I have even been able to work about 10 hours per week!  I pray this schedule will continue going so smooth!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

I'm so happy to hear that your year is going so good!! I know what you mean about the prepackaged crafts!!!