Friday, August 13, 2010

First Week!

We did it!  We made it through our first week of "schooling"!  It's been a great week.  Not only did we learn about the first explorers of America, but we still had summer fun and I was able to work 12 hours.

What has really helped us this week is getting up no later than 7:30 and we have been schooling usually by 8:00.  Another biggie is that we are all beginning our day with prayer.  I have a devotion before the kids get up and then we all pray together at the table.  I admit that this isn't something I have made a habit of doing.  We always pray with the kids at night, but I tend to get busy in the mornings and neglect to start the day off with the Lord.  No matter how busy you are, how much you think you are lacking in your home school, or life, PLEASE do not leave Christ out of the beginning of your day.  It really does make a difference.  I also like to listen to praise and worship music to get me going in the mornings. 

Next week I am adding English and Spelling into the mix of things so it will be a little more hectic, but I know we will be ok!

1 comment:

Phillip said...

That's my girl!