Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Have you ever had a trial and it seemed to last forever?  I just went through something for the past few weeks and didn't realize how bad I was until my trial ended.  It wasn't a trial that I could really put my finger on.  My trial was a mental thing and I believe it started when our dog kennel was stolen from our yard.  At times I was happy and everything seemed alright, but other times I was just going through the motions of living.  I didn't like where I was, but I wasn't able to overcome my situation either.  What was I struggling with?  I had thoughts that I wasn't a good wife, mom, teacher, women's leader, and song leader.  I also would get upset real easily.  I got tired of doing things and being so busy.  At other times I just didn't want to do anything, but when I wasn't doing anything I wasn't happy with that either.  Crazy, huh?  A lady at church said she could feel a dark cloud beginning to come over me (could it have been oppression?).  I didn't like that thought but I couldn't get away from it either.  I do feel like that cloud was heavier at times than other times and maybe some days I didn't have it at all.  It continued to be near and would come visit me often.  So how was I delivered? 

I set my sights on a need from a sister in the Lord.  I became burdened for this sweet girl because she was going through something herself.  I began to pray for her and as I was giving her words of encouragement from the Lord I began to feel a peace that I haven't felt in awhile.  My cloud was lifted last Saturday as the Lord was ministering through me to someone in need.  I was obeying my heavenly Father.  I felt the Lord's strength so strong that I was able to give words from the Lord to several other people last weekend.  I feel that I am not a very opinionated person.  I do not offer my thoughts to people unless they ask for my opinion, however I felt so strong last week that God was wanting me to talk to certain dear friends that are going through things of their own.  I'm not telling this for any other reason but to let you know that God delivers in amazing ways.  I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.  When we take our focus off ourselves and begin to carry a burden for others, that's when we are blessed.  I love the saying, "it's not about me."  It really isn't about us at all.  Life is about God and what he wants to do through us.  It's so easy to start thinking about ourselves, especially when we are going through a trial of our own. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13 11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Is there a special person in your life today that needs your help in seeking the Lord on their behalf?  If so, I urge you to go to them and give them encouraging words from the Lord.  If you step out in faith, the Lord will guide your tongue and give you the words that the person you encounter needs to hear.  Not only will that certain person be uplifted, but you will receive a blessing that you weren't even expecting!

2 comments:

Phillip said...

Such wonderful words. That encouraged me just reading them.

Laurie said...

AWESOME blog! Just what I needed to hear today. Meant to read it last week but didn't until today! God has been bring Jeremiah 29:11-13 to me in several different ways this week! AWESOME how He does that!