Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blessed


I am still amazed at how God works.  These two couples pictured with Phil and I are originally from the lower part of the state.  I knew them years and years ago.  Unfortunately, life changes and sometimes I don't keep in touch with people like I should.  I did post a few months back about getting back in touch with Veronica (3rd from left).  We have been in touch since then several times.  The couple to the left are becoming dear friends also.  They are in the process of moving to my hometown.  I am still amazed at how things come about.  I would have never thought that anyone would be moving from the Charleston area to a small town I grew up in.  How odd is that?  God is so good. and I know that he is in control.  I feel so blessed to be able to have Christian friends who love the Lord! 

I've never been one to really have many people over to my house.  It's not that I don't want to, but I guess I am just not comfortable cooking for others and having to keep a conversation going.  I'm learning though.  This past weekend we all hung out at our house and it was so relaxing and very enjoyable.  It was nice to be able to share a good meal with friends and have lots of laughter.  I know this is the beginning of a great new season for Phil and I.  God is so good to bless us with good fellowship.  I can not imagine not having friends who have God in the center of their lives to share life with!

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Glad you had a great time. Steve and I love having people in our home. We have also been blessed with wonderful friends and are so blessed to be able to have them in our home. We laugh till we cry sometimes at things that have happened while friends were here with us!