Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So, What's Your Frugal Plans for New Year's?

I looked around on-line to get some ideas for New Years. I really thought about it too late for us. I probably could still round something up, but I think I am going to let it be pretty laid back tonight. We are planning to write a letter about ourselves and plan on opening it in a few years. We are going to predict what things will be like next year. The trick for us is putting the letters in a place where I know where they are and then actually opening them. I believe I will put them in our Christmas decoration box and then we will have them next year when we put them up. The idea came from Family Fun, but they suggested 10 years. I believe that writing the letters and predicting where we will be 10 years from now would be easy enough, but keeping up with letters for 10 years??? You have GOT to be kidding me! You know, thinking about it, We have had a small round band-aid on our refrigerator for five years from when Melanie was born that was on the heel of her foot ( her shots). Hmmmm....maybe tape them to the fridge??? NOT!!!
Besides the letter, we will be watching movies and maybe drinking more elf juice. Ever heard of it? A friend of mine told me about it. You put sprite in a cup with ice (we use wine type glasses) and pour a little marshino cherry juice in it and add cherries along with other fruit if you like. We also use a straw. It's good and the kids LOVE IT!

I was thinking if there was anything that I wanted to work on for the new year. Here's my list.

1. Exercise more
2. Plan earlier for the kid's lessons
3. Do a Beth Moore bible study
4. Do better at keeping in touch with friends and family

New things I did in 2008 and will continue to do.
1. Use our internet for "tv" ....love it and saves us money! Thanks Jennifer R.
2. Use CVS ECBs and combine coupons with sales...wooohoooo!!!! Just today I bought Dukes Mayo for $1.28 :-)
3. Began attending a new church and it's great. We know the Lord has placed us there.
4. Started a ladies ministry
5. Joined a new homeschool support group and co-0p.....now this is really odd...I joined waaaay before I knew we would be moving close to the church where they meet, isn't God awesome?
6. Began cooking more from scratch
7. Blog :-) Thanks again Jennifer

There's probably more, but I can't think of them right now. Well, anyway, I wish everyone a very Happy New Year and try to make it a frugal one, k?

No comments: