Friday, December 5, 2008

Teaching My Children About Christmas

This Christmas season has been great so far. We haven't been really rushed, the tree is up, and crafts have been made. What makes this year different is that I have not committed myself to a lot of things and I started shopping early (on-line baby, on-line). Plus, our list of people to buy for is very short. We are concentrating on homemade treats for teacher gifts(church) and are going to give them out early. This has allowed me to concentrate on teaching the kids the true meaning of Christmas at a steady pace and to be able to have fun with it.

A few years ago I bought an Amanda Benett unit study on Christmas and this year is the first year that I have done it justice. It's a four week study and we are actually on the correct week! I enjoy mixing our school days up a bit. Sometimes I get so involved in the curriculum I purchased that I forget to see what other fun things is out there. I am listing a few things that may be of interest to you for this season of joy.

Click here to see worksheets I found on the Christmas story.

Click here to see the angel ornament we made.

Click here to see the sock snowman.

Click here to see the bookmarks that we hope to make.

If anyone has some good easy ideas for crafts and gifts, let me know. I would love to try them. I have trouble finding unique homemade gifts, but we enjoy making them for people.

UPDATE ON FREE THINGS

I posted a few weeks back about seeing what I could get to be able to give to a shelter or something. So far we have several bottles of shampoo and toothpaste. We also have some glucose monitors. Not too bad, but I was hoping to do better.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ummmm...Now I feel inadequate. I still have a turkey on my dining room table:)LOL!
Love your craft links! They are soo cute.
Now I can spend more time decorating and less time looking for craft ideas!