Friday, July 11, 2008

THIS REALLY ROCKS

A trip to Bi-Lo during the B1G1 free deals this week and of course adding coupons scored us some FOOOOOD. Phillip takes the rice to work and it's a great food to take on the go or if you are camping. The chex mix will be ate eventually, but we do give some of it away. I like to keep the pasta on hand for pot lucks at church, the pudding was absolutely free, kikkoman marinade was $.39 because it was on close out and I had a coupon. The awesomest, awesomestest deal was the Nature's Own bagels and cranberry, raisin bread. I got that stuff for about $.60 and it usually costs around $3.60. I went here and ordered more coupons, so hopefully next week I will be able to go back on Tuesday and get more pudding and bread. Ok, I have 3 kids and one especially looooves pudding so it is definitely worth it. I can freeze the bread and we looooove bagels (especially with the homemade jam I finally have learned to make...thanks to all my friends who make the stuff because you have been an inspiration to me and a special "granny" from our previous church).All this food was a little over$11.00
I didn't get these little beauties at the store, they came right off OUR tomato plants. I just wanted to post the picture cause last year our tomatoes didn't do so well.
These items came from Ingles were I used printable coupons. I had some other items and I was with my mom. We ended up putting our things together so we could get the free watermelon with the $50.00 order (it's at her house waiting for us to eat it by her pool). For these items I paid approximately $3.50. Thank you so much, "cents"able sawyer , for the heads up on the printable coupons.

Don't forget that when Bi-Lo has a sale, especially B1G1, alot of times there are coupons available and you can get items really cheap. Bi-L0 doubles coupons ( I believe up to $60.00). Ingles doubles also, but only 3 coupons per $10.00 order.

Yes, all of this does take time. It has turned out to be my little hobby though and I really have fun looking for the deals and then going and getting them. I usually don't take unnecessary trips. I go when Madison has gymnastics or on the way home from church. It's fun to try new things that have come out on the market for free or almost free. I would not have tried them otherwise. I have also been able to give to people that really NEED items that I have. It is great to be able to get it from my stockpile and not have to go and buy it from the store. Other people sit and watch tv and other things. Well, I choose to see how cheap I can get something. I have so much fun that even if I had lots of money I think I would still do it.




No comments: