Sunday, July 27, 2008

A MOM'S WEEKEND

My friend, Onika, whom is 9 months pregnant with her SIXTH child (left in the pic), invited me a few weeks ago to enjoy a ladies getaway. She invited about 5 women, however only 2 of us could make it. She wanted a relaxing night without any children ( I have no idea why...I can't imagine her getting tired with taking care of 5 kidddies and homeschooling them) before the baby was born. Let me tell you that we had a BLAST!!!! We stayed at an Embassy Suites hotel, which was awesome. The room was huge. The hotel gives away sodas, etc. and snacks in the evenings and in the mornings they have a great breakfast and you can even have a made to order omelet. We didn't utilize the pool, however I did sneak a peak and it looked lovely. It didn't look inviting with all the kids splashing around though! Hey, I was taking a break from my kids and why would I want to hinder someone's family time. We just hung around the room and hotel most of the time, but we did go out to eat at the Red Robin and we got to hit Cold Stone Creamery. Click here to sign up for Red Robin's e-club and get a coupon off your next visit and they will also send you a coupon for a free burger on your birthday. Click here to sign up for a free ice cream on your birthday. We definitely had a great time just chatting and listening to each other's stories. But I must say, Onika made me laugh more this weekend than I have in a VERY LONG time. She is hilarious and I can say she is one of the funniest friend I have. If you are feeling blue, just let her tell you one of her experiences. She does not mind opening up to you and she makes you feel you can pretty much tell her anything and know that it won't be repeated. I didn't know Julie before the getaway and it was great to get to know her. I hope I will see her again because she is lots of fun too and I would love to meet her kids (she home schools too). I look a little too smiley in this picture (maybe a little forced), but I was truly happy. Happy for friends, time to get away, happy that my husband encouraged me to get away and didn't mind, and especially happy for a frugal weekend (around $65.00). I really didn't think that was bad for the great hotel, food, and especially getting to laugh my head off. I would definitely pay that again if I knew I was going to feel that good afterwards. It was like a good rain that washes all the heat away....everything seems fresh and new.
I KNOW I don't have the prettiest feet in the world and to tell you the truth, I am not sure I have ever seen a pretty foot! But I have seen pretty nails. ANYWAY....I just want to thank Onika for the little treat. It was not planned for a pedicure, but on the way to her house she found out my family wouldn't be home until after 6:00 so on a whim she wanted some more pampering. If you know Onika, you wouldn't blame her a bit. She is busy ALL THE TIME. I didn't really want a pedicure, really I didn't. I didn't get one, but she did end up paying for polish and design. I didn't want her to do THAT and I really didn't want the polish either. But if you knew the way things were going in the little shop you would have said ok too. We were "bickering" back and forth to the little guy that was doing her feet. Onika-"paint her nails too" Dyan-"no, I don't want it" Onika-"yes, go ahead I am paying for it...paint her nails" Dyan-"no that's ok...I am fine...no" Onika-"paint her nails"....on and on it went and the little guy was put on the spot by this...it was rather funny....in the end with it going on like this and the guy looking at her then me....Onika-"SHE REALLY WANTS IT DONE" Little Guy-"SHE DOES?" OK OK...Iwent ahead mainly because I felt sorry for the little guy. He didn't know what to do!!!! But I am glad I did. It was fun and my toes look good.....I still have ugly feet though. OH, and I got to hear an infomerical on colon cleansing while they were dolling me up...a real treat...NOT!!! But it WAS HILARIOUS and I don't even think the workers realized what was on the tv.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love girls' getaways. It's always nice just to hang out with your girlfriends with nobody to take care of but yourself. And your feet look pretty!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you.

Tracie said...

That sounds great! Were you in Columbia at the ES there? We were there last weekend. It is a very nice hotel.
Tracie