Friday, July 18, 2008

GET YO' RUNNIN' SHOES ON!!!

Ok boys and girls times are hard, right? Gas is ridiculous and food is outrageous, but the stores are really running some great specials on school supplies right now. Office Depot (this week) and Staples (last week) have placed things on sale for 1 cent. Unfortunately, my itty bitty town DOES NOT have either of these stores and the closest ones are 25-30 miles away. I bet you can hear me cryin' right now. BOOHOO! Well, I do have a heads up on a sale at WAL-GREENS for next week, so please tell me someone will get their runnin' shoes on and head on over there (Sunday morning would be your best bet if you ask me) and take advantage of what they are offering. I will pop into Wal-Greens sometime next week only when I have to go into town and hope they have what I want. Speaking from experience, lots of times the sale items go VERY VERY VERY quickly at the store. Do you want to know one reason? People would rather slide right into a small store instead of going to Wal-Mart. I wonder why? Could it be the crowd and long lines? ANYWAY, here are a few highlights from the sale paper, but this is not all. Be sure to use the coupons in their sale paper, you do not have to clip them out, just give the paper to them and they will scan it. You also do not have to have 1 coupon per item, you use the same coupon for as many items that you have for the particular product.

Wal-Greens
5 CENT SPECIALS
folders, notebooks (composition kind with the hard backs..journal type ones), highlighters, and it looks like mechanical pencils or maybe pens.

19 CENT SPECIALS
paper clips, pack of pencils, rulers

OTHER
big pack of sharpies $3.99
dry erase marker pack $1.99
pencil case 2/$1.00
select back packs Buy 1 Get 1 Free
It looks like poster board is 10 cents

CVS
This week CVS has their digital photo books on sale. I bought (2) 6x8 books for $7.99 each and got $7.99 ECBs back. Of course I used ECBs so I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket. If you go on their website and open an account you can get 20 free digital prints and then 30 more if you add your Extra Care card. Pretty sweet deal for all those scrappers out there. I plan to do this deal because I have TONS of digital pics to get printed. Click here to check it out.

Just wanted to say that they have some deals on school supplies too (next week), but I don't think they are quite as good as Wal-Greens. They do have pepsi 12 packs on sale next week 4/11.00 and if you use a $3.00 ECB they would be 4/8.00. Of course if you don't have the ECB you will get back a $3.00 ECB. Great way to start CVSing!
Glade candles are a monthly deal. If you buy one you get an ECB, but there are suppose to be a $1.00 coupon in this weeks Sunday paper so if you use that and an ECB the candle will be about $1.00. I love those candles.

No comments: