Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Free Kraft Magazine



If you don't get this little magazine, you are missing out on some great recipes! It's free and you can click here to sign up. They will send you one 4 times per year (with the seasons) and this issue had a coupon for a free bottle of Kraft salad dressing. I have made several recipes from it, but I believe the best one I have tried by far is the Fresh Corn Salsa. We at it as a side dish with grilled chicken the other night and couldn't get enough. It really wasn't all that expensive to make either. It does call for jalapeno and I used Cayenne simply because I have some in our garden. Here is the recipe:
FRESH CORN SALSA
4 tomatoes chopped
1 cup cooked fresh corn kernels (2 ears)
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except dressing. Add dressing and mix lightly. Makes 3 cups
They recommend eating it with crackers, but I bet it would be great with homemade tortilla chips!

No comments: