Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's A Girl To Do?

Oh, no, I'm one undecided person. I would always get groceries and of course do my deals when I would take Madison to gymnastics 2 days a week. Now I am going to have to make a conscious effort as to when I am going to go shopping. As of this week, we are only scheduled to go out on Thursdays. Of course once we get back in to sports, etc. things will once again pick up, but with us moving to a new town we have to get used to everything first and check out the best things to do and where to do it. Also, it changes what deals I can do. The closest store, which is Bilo, is about 5 miles away along with a Dollar General. Then, there is an Ingles and a Family Dollar a little further down the road. We do have a bent cans type of store and we shopped there the other day. Let me tell you, I did get eggs and milk for a good price, but I am really not sure if the trip was worth it. The store was packed with people and I didn't get enough deals to justify the aggravation. I will still shop this store, but only on occasion. I could drive about 20 minutes to Anderson and I would have a huge choice of stores. I also don't think I want to shop once a week if I can help it. I would love to shop twice a month and then get staples in between.

So, my delima is where and when to shop. Ideally, if I wasn't into getting the best bang for the buck I would just shop at Bilo. I can't do it, I can not pay the prices there. I love the sales matched with coupons at Bilo, but that's it. I have shopped at too many stores with too many coupons to just pay full price for things. I walk in Bilo and look at some of the prices and I'm surprised my eyes haven't popped out of my head. HOW in the WORLD do people do it? I guess I could, but I also want to be able to put gas in the van and give offerings at church,etc.

Maybe I can talk Phillip into shopping with me and we can go on Saturdays and try the flight of the bumblebee thing. :-) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My in-laws shope at Bi-Lo and I too have often wondered how they do it. They often mention how inexpensive it is!!!! GO figure!