Monday, March 16, 2009

Newspaper Article

On Sundays, we try to make it a point to get a paper (yes, for the coupons). I was very happy when I found a great article in the Lifestyle section. The title was, Frugality is the new cool. According to the article, it's cool to show off frugality and if you spend loads of money on certain things now, it's considered "luxury shame". Retailing experts and economists also state that if you can still afford luxurious items, it's best not to make a show of it. I don't know why, I guess you will get made fun of????haha

So, of course I was on cloud 9 when I read this article. You know, sometimes I feel bad when I do spend money on something and I know I could have done better somewhere else. I know I can't do every single deal, but if I know I could have gotten eggs cheaper (or whatever) somewhere else it does bug me a little. A woman told me a long time ago that pennies make dollars. I have learned that they really do!

No comments: