Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Isn't this just the cutest thing you have ever seen? This is my idea of the home I would have (except it needs a big porch or a deck on the back). I would also want a couple of acres of land to go with it for my CHICKENS that lay eggs (don't laugh, I AM going to get my chickens one day). This is a rental home in Lancaster co. PA. We enjoyed our vacation in PA soooooo much that we are wanting to go back and when we do, I want this house to be where we stay. Some of you know that Charleston, SC is our favorite place to go, well I think maybe Lancaster is moving to the top of the list. It is so peaceful there. There's plenty of stores,etc., but all you have to do is drive just a few hundred feet down any road and you are in the country. I mean real country with rolling hills with cows, and good ole dairy farms....mmmmmmm I miss that wonderful homemade ice cream from Lapps farm. My favorite ice cream now is maple walnut...it is wonderful. You know Marble Slab and Cold Stone has nothing on those guys. I am missing me some Amish ways....maybe we SHOULD have been Amish???? Maybe somewhere down the line we have a little Amish blood in us??? I'm just teasing, but I love that slower pace of life. On second thought, I don't know if it's slower pace they sure do seem to work hard. This is a picture of the field behind the farm and of us eating the wonderful homemade ice cream from Lapp's farm. I included a sign just for the fun of it because I will probably never get around to scrap booking these pictures. I am just in a reminiscing and wishful mood today...

















1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I, too am going to have laying hens again some day. I had a whole brood when I was a child. So far I can't get Lance to let me have them in the back yard......maybe if food prices go up high enoughHA:)!