Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HELPING OTHERS

I start thinking about giving this time of year. I do try and help those that are in need during the year if I know about it, but during Thanksgiving and Christmas I tend to seek out people that need some assistance. This year I am more excited about giving because I can give more. Why am I able to give more to others? I have learned to get more with my money using coupons matched with sales. I also have those great Extra Care Bucks from CVS! Yesterday, I was able to get a glucose monitor for free and I will find an organization to donate it to. There are a couple of things I am going to list for this week and where you can get them. It's things that I plan on getting and then donating to an organization. Please consider doing this too. You may not think that it will help alot, but it will. I am going to start this week and see how much I can get in about 6 weeks to donate to an organization near Christmas time. Wish me luck!

REBATES
Wal-Greens and Rite Aid always have rebates. Sometimes you can get all of your money back, especially if you have a coupon to go along with it. At other times, you even make money using coupons once you get the rebate back. I really like the way Rite Aid does their rebates. You just log in to the site, type in your information from the receipt and request your rebate at the end of the month or when you are done getting what rebates they offer for that month. It only takes about 3 weeks to get your money back.

WHERE TO DONATE
homeless shelters
children's homes
churches
women shelters
food banks

Any other ideas?

THE LIST
Rite Aid-kotex maxi pads-free with rebate and use this coupon here to even make $1.00, oral-b toothbrush free after rebate and use the coupon from 9/28 make $.75, Axe shower gel free after rebate, Adidas deoderant free after rebate if you use the coupon from 9/7

CVS- soyjoy bars 4/$4.00 and get back $4.00 ECBs, Bic Comfort Advance Shavers(4pack) use coupons from 9/14 or 10/12 and $4.00 ECBs and you make $1.00, glucose monitor $9.99 and get back $9.99 ECBs.

No comments: