Thursday, September 25, 2008

A SWEET SOUND


One of the most beautiful sounds is my kids singing to themselves. All of them sing and it's such fun when I get to hear them and they don't know it. I am sure your kids have probably done it too. Here are a couple of things that seem to happen from time to time at our house. The kids are getting ready for the day by getting dressed, brushing their teeth, etc. I will be getting ready or walk down the hall or something and then I hear it. A sweet little voice singing something and a lot of times it's made up. They will be singing as they are doing something else. They will be busy, but all the while they will be singing a little tune or humming to themselves. That to me is one of the greatest sounds in the world. You would think that maybe only girls would be singing the little songs, but boys enjoy it too. When my son sings, it's usually in the shower and he will be having himself a good ole time. I always smile to myself when I catch these sweet moments and sometimes it is a little funny.

Another sound that I enjoy and it seems to take me by surprise is a bird singing its morning song. I wake up, and as the sun is rising, I begin to hear the birds. It's a great sound to get up to and it reminds me of how awesome God is. I thank God for these precious moments.

No comments: