Thursday, September 4, 2008

Making Money...Saving Money

If you scroll down a little, you will see that I have placed a coupon bar on the blog. If you click in the box, you will get a list of several coupons that you can print and use. For every coupon that you print and use from my blog, I will get a little money for it.

I print many coupons and use them in many stores. Actually, I use more printable coupons than the ones that come in Sunday's paper. You can find printable coupons all over the Internet and I have a list of some coupon sites on this blog. Alot of times, the actual company's website will have coupons to print. Usually, you can print the coupon two times. Just make sure that you don't make copies of the coupon because each one has a code and the store will not get reimbursed. A local grocery store, Bi-Lo, will also double these coupons up to $.60! Most of the time that is how I get great deals for groceries matched with the sale price. Wal-Mart is another place that you usually can get a good price on items if you can't wait for certain things to go on sale.

MEAT-I usually see what is on sale at what store and that is what I will base our menu around. My favorite place to buy meat is Piggly Wiggly, however I do buy it at other grocery stores depending on what is on sale.

ALDI-If you haven't tried shopping at Aldi, maybe you should check it out. Below is a list of items I often get there because the items tend to be less expensive than other stores (even when it's on sale).

milk,eggs,cheese,cream cheese,sour cream(16 oz for $.99), baking items such as sugar,flour,etc., chips (they have baked), oatmeal,grits, cereal, can vegetables (corn,peas,green beans, tomatoes), can milk, cream soups(cream of mushroom,chicken, and maybe celery), beans, flour tortillas,some spices, corn tortillas, bagged salad (I think it's still $.99), fresh veggies and fruits, some frozen veggies (not a big variety), frozen juice concentrate.
Aldi also has a variety of convenience foods that are their brand and name brands, however we usually do not buy any of it....we try to eat a little healthier than that. I am sure that it does taste good though because I know of others who buy the items.

TIPS FOR SHOPPING AT ALDI
1.Aldi's prices do fluncuate, so if you bought a bag of sugar for $2.09 last week that doesn't mean you will get it for that this week.
2.Bring a quarter to get a cart (you will get it back when you are finished).
3.Bring bags to place your items in. They do have bags that you can buy. I believe paper is $.05 and plastic is $.10
4.Be prepared to wait in line, but usually it doesn't take too long. They will only have 1-3 lines open. The best time I have went is before lunch and after.
5. Be prepared for the alse to be a little crowded (it's really not bad).
6. Be prepared to pay with cash or debit they do not take credit cards.
7. They do not take coupons.
8. Be prepared to bag your own items.

Ok, that should do it. Now you are ready, right? :-)

GO USE SOME COUPONS!!!!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great advice! I buy only my need items at Aldi which is after I've been to all my deal stores and can't find deals on what I have to have.