Monday, April 13, 2009

I JUST GOTTA TELL IT!!!

I have been wanting laying hens for a long time. My thoughts on an ideal situation is being out in the country with lots of land and lots of animals. Well, I guess God knows what I need....and of course more to the point as to what I will take care of!! God didn't place us in the country outside of a subdivision, he placed us in the country IN a subdivision. Our location is pretty much country as I see it. There are cows, horses, and even peacocks in our area. But imagine my surprise when I saw 2 chickens strutting around in someones backyard in our SUBDIVISION! One is actually a rooster. We have heard a rooster before and now we are thinking it might be coming from our neighbor's backyard!

All I gotta say is this......I WILL HAVE CHICKENS and the sooner the better! I am so excited!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, my heart ACHES to also have chickens! Nothing beats fresh eggs. But alas, until we live somewhere else or someone else in our 'hood gets 'em, my hubby will not agree.....I'll just have to come play with yours sometime!:)