Friday, March 5, 2010

TGIF!!

Most Fridays seem like any other day to me, but lately I'm so glad when this wonderful day gets here! We are so busy with schooling, and like some students and teachers this time of year, we are tired and ready for summer! So being tired of school, makes it hard to teach for the teacher and makes it hard for the student to learn. Even so, we keep trudging along and Fridays are wonderful days because we have the weekend to look forward to. At least our history and science are fun and with it getting warmer we will head outside when we can.

What have we been up to? Well, besides the usual happenings, Phillip is trying to teach us to play poker and it's a blast! He has 4 students and we are slooooow learners. Our van has been in the hospital for several things in the past several weeks, so we have also been dealing with that. It's still not fixed completely.

Michael is taking drum lessons and Madison is taking guitar lessons. Hopefully soon Melanie will be taking horseback riding lessons. Phillip is working hard at his new job. All of us will be getting out soon to ride our bikes. If you know us, you know Phillip loves cycling. I'm teaching myself to crochet. It's been difficult because I'm left handed, but I'm getting the hang of it. I've actually made 2 hats that are wearable!!

We got our fireplace fixed and it's been so nice having a fire at night. We have always wanted a fireplace that uses wood.

Last, but not least, our finances. Can I just say, UGH! I was way off on what we spend each month on groceries and deals. We spent at least $500.00 in the month of Feb. That is definitely not good. Now that was the only thing I wanted to know for Feb. was how much we spend. For the month of March I'm going to see if I can get this amount down a bit. I'm trying to cook healthier and have more vegetables and fruits in the house, so this can cause the grocery bill to go up. I still think we can do better. So far we have spent $58.00 for the month of March but you should have seen what all I was able to get at Publix. Phillip also did a Bilo run. I don't have my receipt right in front of me, but maybe I can remember most of it.

13 bags of Green Giant Steamers
7 cans Green Giant veggies
2 bags Doritos
4 Right Guard Deodorant
12 cans Hunts tomato sauce
1 (2liter) drink
4 laundry detergents
6 boxes of pasta
Gallon milk
Bag of wood

I know there was more, but just cant remember. I'm hoping to be able to spend no more than $50.00 for the next week. This should take us through next Friday. Wish me luck!

No comments: