Monday, February 22, 2010

Michael

Five years ago Michael started out as a cubscout and last Monday he "crossed over" and became a boyscout. I can still remember the day my friend, Jennifer, asked me if I would like to sign Michael up for cubscouts. I had not thought anything about it, but I am so glad we started down that road. He has had so much fun and learned so much. He also earned the highest honor in cubscouting (Arrow of Light). He has the goal of becoming an Eagle Scout just like his dad. Michael will begin a new Troop tonight. It's a little sad for me to know he will not be going to Greenwood anymore, but I know new and fun memories are ahead for him here. Michael, we wish you good luck and are behind you all the way!

1 comment:

Jennifer Rooney said...

It's hard to believe that they aren't cubbies anymore! I can remember thinking at my 1st scout dinner how LONG it would be before Will was old enough to cross over. I am so glad that Will and Michael got to share the experience!