Monday, January 4, 2010

Heaven's Gain

I usually don't watch the news and I only read the newspaper about once a week. It gets me down listening and reading about all the sadness in the world. Sometimes though, sadness hits you right in the face and you have to deal with it. There's no way around it, but with Christ you can find peace, love, hope, and joy in the midst of a trial. I have seen people being comforted by the Lord more this year (2009) than any other. I was blessed to be able to go caroling during Christmas. Many of these people we visited are dying, even knowing this, they have a peace that I can not describe. A peace one only can find in the Lord. The families of these people also have a peace about them. They know what is looming before them, but with Christ it makes it bearable. We visited one home when we went caroling and on Jan. 2 this young man went on the be with the Lord. He had been battling cancer for almost 5 years. In my worldly eyes, I only see a family losing a husband, father, friend, and son. How difficult that must be. But knowing the Lord, I see a person who is completely healed now and heaven has gained one more child of God that is free of pain. It's been amazing to see family and friends that have rallied around him and his family. Most of these family and friends know God as their personal Savior. They have prayed and supported him and supported each other with the strength of the Lord. What a difference it makes to know the Lord in the midst of trouble. You can go to Him and cast your burdens. He will carry you when it feels like you can't take another step. I'm so glad I know my Heavenly Father. He will always be there to help, bringing the comfort that I need.

John 16:33 These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

No comments: