Monday, December 28, 2009

We Survived!

What a busy month! We survived and the house is a mess. Christmas time is always so hectic and I do dread it, but once it hits the week of Christmas it's pretty calm and so am I! We enjoyed many things this year and I thought I would list the most important ones that really seemed to have made an impact on my family and me.

1. We read Jotham's Journey (actually still have a few pages to go). This is a great advent book that is a MUST read.
2. Phillip and I went caroling with our church and it was such a touching time. We visited several people that are very sick and some only have a short time to live. The thing that I noticed was the peace that these people have through Christ Jesus. I know that they have a relationship with the Lord. Even by them knowing that they are dying or have a family member in the home dying, you can see their joy is Jesus. Why wouldn't anybody want Christ as their Lord and Savior?
3. I was able to be in charge of our advent services for our church. I grew closer to Jesus during this time because I had to study and talk to God about what I needed to say to help someone.
4. I have been reminded by the Lord to make sure what I am doing is for the correct reasons. I want to make sure that I do things that please God and not do them because I feel obligated or that it is the thing to do.
5. Adventures in Odyssey is AWESOME! Great life lessons and the kids wanted to hear them over and over again.

No comments: