Friday, January 8, 2010

Something New

Well, I fell off the frugal train the month of December and seem to have not been able to get back on it yet. I have looked at the sales at different stores, but I really haven't seen anything that I have wanted to make the effort to get. Well, today is a new day and I am going to go grocery shopping and get what we NEED at Aldi. I was able to get a Boston Butt from Food Lion that was $.86lb and a chicken that was reduced for quick sale. I will get several meals from the pork and 2 from the chicken. I have 1 pound of hamburger and a pound of sausage that I will make meals out of.

My real challenge is making wonderful tasting HEALTHY and low calorie meals on the cheap. I really do think this will be a challenge, but I'm up to the task. I thought I would post 1 or 2 new recipes each week that we actually made and how much it costs us. I will also post if we liked it or if it was YUCK! I am hoping I will have about a month's worth of new healthy recipes to use again and again. Check back soon for the recipe and review of Three Bean and Pork Slow Cooker Chili. :-)

No comments: