Saturday, January 30, 2010

Slow Going

It's been over a month since I have really changed the way I had been cooking. I'm making progress! We have tried several new recipes and I still have a couple to post on here. There's a sweet and sour pork dish that is really good. For the most part, we have went to all brown rice, whole wheat bread, wheat pasta, wheat tortillas, bagels, and English muffins. I am not making many things with creamed soups and most of our cheese is 2%. Since these changes, I have lost 5 pounds! I do not feel like I have deprived myself of anything. I have ate a few things that weren't very healthy, but we have made significant changes in our diets. Since I have it in my mind that I am helping the family be healthier, it's been easier to change our habits.

I am going to try something else though and it's NOT healthy by no means. Our ladies ministry meets once per month and of course we eat at those meetings. I thought I would make a dessert that I have never made before each time. I have a picture of the chocolate nut pound cake that I made for tomorrow. I will post it later. The recipes will come out of an old southern heritage book that I love. I can hardly wait to try some layer cakes! Hope I can keep my fingers off the desserts!!

No comments: