Thursday, February 5, 2009

A CONFESSSION

I have a confession to make. I was trying to AVOID the issue, but I happened to have got called on the carpet last night by my dear sweet mother. She approached me and said she was upset with me. I immediately started going through my mind the happenings of the past few days. My life of 38 years (gasp...am I REALLY 38 now?) flashed before my eyes in just a couple of seconds. In those quick seconds, I could not think of a single thing I could have done to upset my dear sweet mother. OH, but then she mentioned, THE BLOG. My dear sweet mother reads my blog and she really enjoys reading it. She was disappointed though when she read about my birthday celebration and I didn't mention her. So, with much appreciation and love for my dear sweet mother I would like to give her credit for my wonderful celebration that I had.

My mama cooked the BEST fried liver and onions I ever tasted for my party. I had been wanting fried liver for months and months and months (probably over a year). The liver was accompanied by stir fry squash, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, rice and gravy, and biscuits. NO, I DID NOT HAVE A BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! She, along with my kiddies, also decorated the living room with balloons and streamers. I had a ball enjoying my fried liver and onions. My confession....I LOVE LIVER! It's probably one of the top things I love to eat. So there, I have confessed and you all know that I love love love love liver! I'm sorry, so sorry. I just didn't like to be in the minority on this little issue. This is a big issue....who in the world has LIVER for their birthday (and really be excited about it too)?? :-) I would eat it in a boat. I would eat it with a goat. I would eat it in the rain. And in the dark. And on a train. And in a car. And in a tree. It is so good, so good, you see! I will eat it in a box. and I will eat it with a fox. And I will eat it in a house. And I will eat it with a mouse. And I will eat it here and there. SAY! I will eat it ANYWHERE!

No comments: