Friday, January 16, 2009

Bi-Lo, Wal-Greens, and Rite Aid

Well, unless I did something wrong, the Rite Aid deal isn't as cheap as I thought it would be, but it's still an AWESOME deal. I was able to get 2 packs of diapers, 2 containers of wipes and after coupons it was around $24.00. After I receive the $10.00 check from them and $4.00 back from the rebates I will have paid $10.00. I know have a great gift for a great gal I know.

Bi-Lo-
7 packs of Betty Crocker potatoes
3 bags of Doritos (gotta feed the troops with they come and help clean and paint the new house)
5 boxes of Heartland pasta
3 boxes of Domino's confectioners sugar (for a fund raiser at church)
1 Bunny bread (not on sale)
1 Soft Scrub
4 packs Borden shredded cheese
14 boxes Green Giant Veggies
6 bags Bird's Eye Steamfresh veggies
1 rotisserie chicken (not on sale just needed supper)

total before savings $96.67
savings $63.10
total after savings $33.57

Wal-Greens
Wal-Greens is so bad about not having what I want in stock. I was going to get free Oust house spray and 2 containers of oatmeal for $.79. What I ended up with was 3 boxes of Equal for $3.00. I can't complain though!

Here's something funny. The manager knows my parents from way back when and therefore knows me. It seems that everytime I try and do a Wal-Greens deal something happens and this manager has to give me a refund or something. I either forget to use my coupons or something is rang up wrong, but it's ALWAYS something. Last night I head in there, grab a cart, truck it down the isle, and there HE was counting money at the beauty counter. I didn't even look his way, but I did smile and kept my head straight ahead toward my goal. He said hello and well as I, but I kept a gettin' it hoping I WOULD NOT have any kind of mishap. After a disappointing run through the store, I get to the checkout and the cashier waits on me. While the transaction is taking place, the phone rings and she proceeds to have a conversation with someone. She hangs up, the manager rounds the corner, she tells him someone is going to come back and get another gallon milk because the one she bought wasn't double bagged and it burst. He is standing there with his hands on his hips rolling his eyes. By that time, I am putting my cart up. I turn, look at him, and say, "MY MILK BURST TOO." He then points to the door and with the other hand still on his hip yells, "GET ON OUT THAT DOOR." I am really laughing by that time (keep in mind we always have some kind of confrontation) and he then seems to remember there ARE customers in the store and says to me, "You come back now, ya hear." I then say something like I will and continue to laugh out the door and to the van. It was a very memoriable moment!!!!! OK, so now you are thinking you won't do a Wal-Greens deal, right? Well, I'll be honest, I do have to think it's a great deal before I even try myself!!!! Maybe the trick is getting to the store on Sunday when the items first go on sale.

Aldi
Did you know that Aldi has whole chickens for the everyday price of $.79 lb? I didn't and I was very happy that I discovered that. I have a microwaveable dish (pampered chef...GREAT investment) that I use to cook chicken in that only takes about 30 min. It is awesome and comes in very handy when we are in a hurry. I love to cook the chicken and then make wraps with the meat. This lasts for several meals.

Wraps (all indredients from Aldi)
20 flour tortillas ($2.25)
whole chicken (around $4.00)
tomatoes (around $2.00)
lettuce (bag lettuce $.99)
cheese (8oz block $1.99)

So for around $12.00 you can have AT LEAST 20 wraps and I am sure you will have some ingredients left.

No comments: