Thursday, July 23, 2009

WHAT"S THE PLAN?

Alright. According to my very thought out schedule (uhhh NOT), it seems to me that the new school year is rushing in here way too fast and I am definitely not ready for it. I thought we would start August 10 to get a head start. I'm just not so sure. For some reason I can not get it together! I will be working on 1 thing and then get side tracked and go to something else. Better yet, the phone will ring (or the doorbell), Melanie might yell for me, the dog barks, and then it's time to cook breakfast, lunch, or supper, etc. I sure am in the kitchen an awful lot. Or plan a trip to the store to get the supplies you need for something and THEY DON'T HAVE IT!!!! Are you getting the picture of this? It seems that I have a very bad habit of researching something FOREVER and then be all unorganized about carrying it out. I used to not be this way. I used to be on top of things (well, I can THINK that I used to be, right?)

So, how do I fix my situation? How do I follow through without being interrupted or side tracked? It doesn't take much nowadays for me to get side tracked. I will be doing one thing and go off to work on something else not even finishing what I first started! I figure I better write out some sort of list and schedule. I used to write lists for myself all the time when I was working outside the home. I better do something because this house is going to be in one chaotic mess when the fall comes because I got my wish. What wish? Extracurricular activities. I fuss about how busy we are and then fuss when we are not. I know, I have issues. Bottom line is that I DO miss the kids being involved with things and they are very excited about what they will be doing this year also. So, I pretty much know what I NEED to do, it's just following out my plan. Well, I plan on making a chore chart similar to this one HERE and maybe getting some tips from HERE as well. Wish me luck and say a prayer because we all are going to need it.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find that chore schedule? I like reading what others are doing and how their day flows. I'm working on a schedule with time blocks on it right now--something we have not really done in the past but now with the 2 little ones running around I need to do something different.