Friday, July 17, 2009

FREE SCHOOL SUPPLIES

I have been looking through our school supplies and the list that I get with our curriculum to see what we need for this year. I stocked up so much last year that we really do not need much "normal" items. Looking at our science experiments, it seems that we need inexpensive things.

I am so excited about our upcoming school year. The kids seem to be fine with the idea of starting in a few weeks. We have listened to a history cd on and off this summer thanks to a good friend who shared what she does! The kids have also worked on a couple of math pages and of course they have continued to read. (ok, I'm off subject here).

We are going to sponsor a child this year and buy her school supplies. The Lord has blessed us and we feel that we can do this for a family who's husband has been out of work. With the back to school sales, it will be easier to get more bang for our bucks. This morning I checked my email and what do you know, an email from Staples with their ad starting July 19. Here are a few things they will be GIVING AWAY.

STAPLES-
pencils, pens, and highlighters, pencil sharpener
$1.00 deals-photo paper, notebooks, dry erase markers, binder hole punch, erasers, and pens
$2.00 deals-pens, mechanical pencils, magnetic dry erase board, post it notes, and eraser pack
scientific calculator 12.99
graphing calculator $109.99
4 GB flash drive $12.99
compaq laptop $379.98

Something else I have been enjoying are the 50% off coupons from Michael's and AC Moore. You can sign up to get a coupon through email and also they will print once you make a purchase. This has helped recently with Phillip's birthday, a baby gift, and on photo albums for my summer project (organizing allllllll my photos from the past 10 years).

No comments: