Friday, June 6, 2008

Pennsylvania Bound!

We leave tomorrow on vacation for the big state of Pennsylvania. I don't know how many times we have said that state's name in the past few weeks, but I know it has been alot. We are so excited to see the Amish country. Last year, the magazine, Family Fun, published an article about this area of the United States and when I read it I knew that was were I wanted to visit this year. The thing that attracted me was the train ride! I am so glad that Phillip was willing to go along with my little adventure. We have many things planned, along with a day trip to Philly, and on the way back we plan on going to Washington DC. Our van is really going to be loaded down! We will spend a few nights in a motel, but we are also camping, so we are having to pack alot. I have been organizing, writing lists, shopping, and packing for at least a month now. I know one thing, we have learned to write a good list of supplies and save it on the computer. Never again will we leave the pillows at home! Well, let's hope not anyway! Another thing that we have concentrated on is what and where to eat. If we don't plan, then we end up spending way too much money on the food alone. One way we are saving money is by bringing food I have bought on sale(and with coupons) and also using the website http://www.restaurant.com/ . I will definitely post how our trip went and hopefully have some pictures to post.

No comments: