Friday, June 20, 2008

HERSHEY PARK


Our pictures came in the mail today of our trip and I sat for awhile enjoying looking over them. I enjoyed all of our trip and seeing history, "face to face", but I think the best part of the whole trip was HERSHEY PARK! I had a blast! When we scheduled Hershey into our trip, I was really only doing it for the kids. I figured they would need some really good fun along with learning about how other people lived and reviewing American history. I believe I had the most fun of all. We ate breakfast on the way from the Golden Arches and arrived at the park right when they were opening. We already had our tickets so it was a breeze getting in. When you first walk in they have several people measuring the kids. Each stand has heights and at the height there is a certain candy bar, so during the whole day you only have to look to see if your candy bar is at the ride and you know if you can ride or not. Plus, when you get your height checked, you get that piece of candy. Now how cool is that? Everyone was really excited so Michael was the only one who ate his Hershey bar. Melanie threw her Reece cup away and Madison threw her Hershey bar away. CRAZY KIDS!! It was so hot we could not have kept them though. Melanie and I stayed together and rode the things she could. We had a wonderful time because she could ride most things, however she just needed an adult with her. She saw this great big rollar coaster and stated she wanted to ride it. Well, I couldn't deny her the right to scream her head off could I??!! I really didn't think she would be scared and I was excited to get on the coaster with my baby, BUT she DID NOT like it one bit! She cried the whole time and I had to hold her the best I could. I felt so sorry for her. I think what did it was the one big plunge at the very beginning because after that it wasn't too bad. We got off and she did not get on anymore coasters until almost 10:00 that night and it was a small one, but it was GREAT!! We wanted to ride again on that one, but they were closing. Well, during the course of the day we met back up with the rest of our family. Phil and the other 2 had a blast the hours they were on the loose. They hit all but 2 coasters I think and rode them more than 1 time. The park was not really busy at all. The only bad part of the day was when Madison had to upchuck her lemonade. I think she had gotten too hot and had been on too many rides. We went to the van, ate lunch, and cooled off. Before we went back to get in the water area of Hershey, we toured Chocolate World. That was really neat and we also got to eat some free chocolate. If you haven't tried Hershey Bliss yet, you are missing out, it is smooth and very yummy.


The Board Walk was added last year and they have tons of stuff to so that you can get wet. We got to enjoy it for about 30 minutes before the weather decided not to cooperate. It never really rained, but it threatened to, so they closed down alot of the rides. We took the opportunity to see a show and eat supper. SUPPER???!!! Now, you know it really hurt me to eat supper in the amusement park because if you have ever been to one you know how much things can cost. Well, we paid almost $37.00 for 2 hamburger combo meals and 3 chicken strip kid's meals. OUCH! We even was given 2 coupons for a free drink, so it would have been over $40.00! Do you realize how much I could have gotten at Bilo on a good coupon week or CVS? I could have shopped at CVS for a whole year with that!!! I really wasn't upset or mad about that. I had a great time eating that hamburger and we took pics to show it! We stayed at the park until closing and we took pics of that too...




No comments: