Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What To Teach For Christmas

I usually will break out my Amanda Bennett unit study at Christmas, but this year I decided to do something a different. I still haven't really planned things out, but I do know that we will be using the following things.

1. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever study guide by Progeny Press
2. Jotham's Journey: An advent storybook
3. Adventures in Odyssey Christmas Classics
4. Traditions of Christmas by Ace Collins
5. Jingle Bells Batman Smells (PS So Does May) You know I have to throw in some Junie B.!

We have only done 2 of the Thanksgiving crafts that I had in mind, so I wonder just how many Christmas crafts, etc will actually get done.

This is such a fun time of year for the kids. It's fun for Phillip and me also if it doesn't get too hectic. It's a work in progress and I'm hoping this year is better than last! At least I am not having to keep the house clean because our house is up for sale (unlike last year). Having a house up for sale during Christmas is hopefully a once in a lifetime event. We are really close to many Christmas light displays where we live now and we hope to hit every one around within a 20 mile radius! We have already drove through Williamston Park and sat on Santa's lap (no long line either). I wonder how much learning will go on the month of December? :-)

No comments: