Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'M SO THANKFUL

Seeing what everyone is thankful for on facebook got me to thinking about what I really am thankful for. I hope I am honestly thankful for every single thing the Lord has given me, but there are things that I am thankful for that seem to be at the top of the list today. Here's a glimpse in to my thoughts.

1. I am thankful for my friend, Christine, who gave me information about legitimate work at home jobs. My little job has provided income for the kids and me to do extra things that we may not have gotten to do through the years. Sometimes Phillip has been able to join in with us if he took the day off or we would go on our trips on the weekend.

2. I am thankful for the past 15 months. It has been a roller coaster ride for sure. Phillip lost his job last August and with that came lots of changes. God blessed us with Phillip getting a job quickly, however it was not an ideal situation. The insurance was terrible, the environment was terrible, and the commute was terrible, but how can we not be thankful for it? God PROVIDED! The Lord provided for all our needs and some of our wants during Phillip's time at the job. God then blessed Phillip with a new opportunity a couple of weeks ago. Oh, how much different things are now. The insurance is great, the environment is great, and the commute is great! Phillip said he had forgotten what it was like to hear co-workers laugh( now that's bad).

3. I am thankful to be able to educate our children the way we believe God wants us to. We can get up and school at 10:00 in pajamas or be at the table schooling at 8:00 dressed in our best. We start the day in prayer and we discover TOGETHER the world around us.

4. I am thankful to not have to worry about "socialization". When we first started schooling the children 6 years ago, I was worried that the kids wouldn't "fit in". With the Lord guiding our footsteps, I have found out that socialization is not one of our problems. They each had a part on program at church this past Sunday and they WANTED to do it. Thank you Lord.

5. I am thankful for the many unique friends that I have. Each one is special and have many talents. I thank the Lord that they are willing to be there for me and that I can also glean information from them when I need to. I am amazed at what these friends can do!

6. I am so thankful for my parents. They took me to church and taught me how to love the Lord. They are so giving of themselves. They have compassion for people and I feel that they have taught me that as well.

7. I am thankful for the relationship that I have with my husband. I think we make a pretty good team. He's awesome!

8. I am thankful for Usborne books. We have a ton of new books ourselves and I thank the Lord for allowing me to bring these books in to other children's lives.

9. I am thankful for my new house and especially my porch.

10. I am thankful for my church family! I can't say enough about them.

1 comment: