Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Play and Thankfulness

Our church had a Thanksgiving play with the children. All of the kids did great. The thing is...I forgot that my kids had to dress like Pilgrims. I remembered Saturday night AFTER I was in bed. We were running around Sunday morning trying to figure out what they were going to wear. I ended up cutting some black cloth and pinning it around the waists of Madison and Melanie for skirts. Michael already had black pants (in the washer, so you know I was rushing to get them dried) and a white shirt. Michael also sported the Amish hat that Phillip bought while in PA this year. The girls wore their bonnets they bought while we were on vacation. The play turned out wonderful. I was really thankful the church did the play because the kids have never gotten to participate in a Thanksgiving play and that was one thing I did enjoy when I was young and in school.


Here's the Mayflower and all the Pilgrims arriving from England
My three little Saints, I mean Pilgrims. At least their not Strangers!

The feast with the Pilgrims and Indians. They were very thankful for their paper bag turkey and plastic fruit and veggies....YUM YUM YUM!
There was something funny that happened. The black cloth that I pinned around the girls began the slip off. Madison just pulled her cloth up and held it, but Melanie didn't seem to know what to do. She looked at me as the Mayflower rounded a corner and yelled, "Mama, my thing is coming off!" Once she got on stage she just turned to me and kept looking as if to say, "DO SOMETHING!" I kept mouthing the words, "It's ok." Finally she said, "NO, it's not." She said this in a rather loud voice. I don't think too many people heard it, but it was really funny. Well, it WAS my mistake for not preparing their costumes earlier!
Thanksgiving Day was laid back. We had grandparents over and 1 other friend. The kids took a walk in the woods after dinner. We all ate too much, but the turkey sandwich yesterday was really good!
I am thankful for many things this year. I guess with all the happenings in the past couple of years it has made me more thankful for my family, health, Phillip's job, our church, and most of all the peace that the Lord has given me.

No comments: